11 February 2009



Holy crap! My fabulous alma mater, Humboldt State University, has the best "marching" band ever. They are the Lumberjacks, and they do the best, craziest, most joyful and energetic stuff like not really marching but what they call "scattering."

Once when I was in the dining hall they burst in and ran around the hall, playing music loudly and disrupting the meals of each person--it was awesome. They also sometimes go to the local airport when someone related to HSU shows up--when I was in school they surprised the president as he was coming back from a fundraising trip at 7 a.m.!

Here's another more intimate video of the Marching Lumberjacks!

1 comment:

Woz said...

I now have a student or two that are Marching Lumberjacks. I have been to the "official" house even. The stories are true by the way. You do have to sleep with one of them to get a shirt. You could also play in at least three gigs but that story isn't as exciting though.